Same Sex Marriage- HW in HUMA 1013

Here is my homework in Humanities :) Just wanna share it. Tho it's quite short. 

What does the legalization of same sex marriage in the US mean to you and the Philippines? Does it affect our subject in Humanities?

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln. 
              This quote might work to people who were against same sex marriage.
          According to the New York Times, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees a right to same-sex marriage after a 5-4 vote last June 26. Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote for the majority in this very historic decision. United States was the 21st country to legalize same sex marriage and was basically a Christian nation by population and culture.
However, despite the countless number of lesbian, gays , bisexuals and transgenders (LGBT) in the Philippines,  there is a low chance of same sex union legalization since we know we are living with the older generation and Catholic church has a great influence in our culture. In the Philippines, which follows the footsteps of US most of the time, this decision made by US would have a big impact and would help to increase the chances for the same ruling.  Personally, I am in favor of this ruling since I have friends who were bisexuals.  I respect and accept LGBT in our society. Also, I think it could help in the economic progress of our country because LGBT people could possibly create many business. Legalization of same sex union in our country would mean an end to inequality and discrimination in our society.
            Does it affect our subject in Humanities? Yes of course. We know humanities is a study of human experiences. Including new ideas or insights like the right for same sex marriage gives a transformation in human culture and a change in each individual’s actions and preferences. 
           All in all, I really do support same sex marriage.  I have witnessed inequality in our society. Supporting gay marriage is a sign of true acceptance and equal rights to every man. We are who we are. Spread love ♥


Comments

  1. Wow, I'm totally grateful for what you've said. Thank you for supporting and respecting the LGBT community :) God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you also for reading :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment